Choosing a Digital SLR camera is not a difficult task for a professional photographer but when it comes to an amateur, it seems a bit puzzling to figure out which camera will best work. So “My Portrait Hub” has come up with a list of some nice entry-level cameras for amateurs. These cameras are some of the finest for your money, they all have good customer ratings, We have tested a few of them and believe us, if you are getting serious about learning photography these cameras will help you a lot in learning photography. So beginners get rid of confusion, Get set to move and All the best.
Canon EOS 1100D/Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera
Canon Rebel T3 Digital also known as Canon 1100D is a great camera for those who are ready to make the first move into the world of DSLR photography. The camera was released early in 2011, but still it is performing well in the DSLR market. With this camera Canon has really made DSLR photography easy especially for the beginners. It is the most cost-effective and incredible Digital SLR camera in the market these days. The features can really do a lot for those who want to spend time trying to understand Aperture, ISO, Exposure and other things and finding out how to frame out a shot. Battery life is quite good which provides the freedom to capture more pictures, but it would be wise to get a decent memory card, a 16 GB memory card can go well with it. Moreover, it comes with great auto features for those who are far away from technical things & don’t understand much about Aperture, Shutter speed, ISO Sensitivity, Exposure etc. So that you can at least capture a moment before it is gone.
- 2.2 Megapixel APS-C Size CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- ISO 100 – 6400, expandable to 12800 (Shooting from bright to dim light)
- High speed, reliable 9-point AF system
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate metering between exposures.
- 3.0 FPS (Frame Per Second) continuous shooting.
- 1280 X 720 EOS HD Movie mode with expanded recording and in camera video editing feature.
- 2.7 inch TFT liquid-crystal monitor, approx. 230k dots
Canon EOS 600D/Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera
Canon Rebel T3i Digital also known as Canon 600D is a replacement for Canon’s last year’s EOS 550D/T2i Rebel since both the camera comprise the same Canon’s DIGIC 4 processor and the same 18MP sensor , therefore the image quality is same. This camera is fully loaded with so many astonishing professional functions. This camera comes with a Vari-Angle rotating monitor, which provides flexibility while shooting from different angles. The continuous shooting mode is excellent and it can even capture quality image of speedy motion objects without any difficulty. This camera also comes with the ability to control off-camera wireless flashes, which is a feature taken from some higher end Canon’s Digital SLR’s. If you consider Beginners, Enthusiasts & Professionals as 3 level of photographer this camera will stand somewhere between the end of the beginners line and starting of enthusiast line.
- 18 Megapixel APS-C Size CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800).
- ISO 100-6400, expandable to ISO 12,800 (Shooting without flash for low-light shooting).
- High speed, 9-point AF system.
- Improved 63 zone dual-layer light meter, TTL full-aperture metering.
- 3.7 FPS (Frame Per Second) for continuous shooting.
- 1080p EOS Full HD Movie mode with ‘Video Snapshot’ mode multi-take movies.
- 3.0 Inch TFT liquid-crystal Vari-Angle monitor , approx. 1040K dots.
- Built-in Integrated Speedlite Transmitter for controlling wireless flashes.
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera
Nikon D3100 is a great camera to set up getting serious about photography and an exceptional deal for amateurs. Like Nikon D3200 it also incorporates guide mode. The first thing you will notice initially about the camera once you hold it is that it is really very compact and light in weight. The grip is also very good. This is a camera, which is cleverly designed and is really very enjoyable to shoot with. It is designed specially keeping amateurs in mind, so the functions are really very user friendly for those who have just started and want to try and play with settings and features. You can pull-out quality images even without getting into settings. The camera includes Portrait, Sports, Close-up, Night Portrait, Child & Landscape Auto exposure modes.
- 14.2 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Sensor.
- EXPEED 2 Image Processing engine.
- 100-3200, expandable to ISO 12,800 (Shooting in tough low-light situations).
- High speed, 11-point AF system delivers crisp pictures.
- 3.0 FPS (Frame Per Second) for continuous shooting.
- 1080p Full HD Movie comes with full-time autofocus system.
- One-touch Live View shooting and movie recording.
- 3.0 Inch TFT LCD, approx. 230k-dot.
- Active D-Lighting system for enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
- Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning exclusive Airflow Control fight against dust.
Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera
Nikon D3200 symbolizes a new era of Nikon’s entry level camera and takes this level of camera one step up. This camera is specially designed keeping enthusiastic photographers in mind, who want to learn and get into the technical stuff. This masterpiece by Nikon comes with guide mode which helps you to get an idea about the camera features and controls, it also offers sample pictures with suggestion. The camera is great for studio performance. It performs well in Low light situations. You will find the modes pretty useful and easy to shoot with. The best and striking feature that will fascinate you is the Wi-Fi connectivity of this camera. With this feature you will be able to send images directly to your Smartphone.
- 24.2 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Sensor.
- EXPEED 3 Image Processing engine.
- 100-6400, expandable to ISO 12,800 (Shooting in harsh low-light situations).
- High speed, 11-point AF system delivers sharp pictures.
- 4.0 FPS (Frame Per Second) for continuous shooting.
- 1080p Full HD Movie comes with manual exposure control system.
- One-touch Live View shooting and movie recording.
- 3.0 Inch TFT LCD, approx. 921k-dot with 160°; viewing angle.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity so that you can transfer images to Smartphone & other devices.
Sony Alpha SLT-A37 Digital SLR Camera
Sony Alpha SLT-A37 is a camera highly gazed by amateurs and even for those who are one step ahead from amateurs. The camera is one of its own kind and it will be unfair to compare it with Nikon D300 and Nikon D800 which hits a different user group requirements. Using this camera is an utter pleasure, you’ll find it pretty quick when switched on & it offers a wide range of shooting choices. Most of the packages offered by this camera are PC-friendly. Steady shot, Auto Portrait Framing, Eye level view finder, Face detection and Smile shutter are some features that are especially suited to amateur.
- 16.1 Megapixels with Sony’s Exmor HD APS sensor.
- Translucent Mirror Technology for enhancing AF performance.
- ISO 100 – 16000 sensitivity (Shooting in low light).
- Accurate, 15-point AF system for tracking fast moving subjects with sharp picture.
- 7.0 FPS (Frame Per Second) for continuous shooting.
- 1080p Full AVCHD in PC-friendly MP4 Movies.
- 2.7 Inch TFT liquid-crystal Tilt and swivel monitor , approx. 230K dots
- Anti-Dust Technology that keep the CMOS sensor clean.